Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fucking Politics

December 19, 2010. That was the date of my last post. Wow. Oh man, so much has happened since then. Old news. I went to Dubai. and LOVED IT! Fabulous. And really, they live like fucking rap stars over there man. What is not to like when you can literally have anything?

I, especially, was licking it all up. Life was a sweet, watermellon lollipop; I was sucking for dear life. Remember those ring pops? or Another favorite, watermellon Charms blowpops? Well imagine if your days felt like that candy tasted and you were floating on a goddamn yatch. And Superman and the Old Spice Guy were really one dude and they knew things about women that (if God really was a woman) all men would know about women. If you can picture any of that then you will come close to my bliss. Essentially, melted, salted, handmade butter.

(sigh)But something was beginning to bother me. Yeah, something was just not quite right. I felt it and idunnoknow. I started joking with myself at nights that I was becomming a real princess. And like The Princess and the Pea I was just being unreasonable. Here I am; sitting pretty on every luxury and comfort known to me, but I'm not comfortable. I can somehow sense that under scores of mattress there is this one pea. One thing that throws the whole thing off. I said to myself 'Dang girl. You are a Black Pearl; Precious Little Pearl but You are really am impossible to please.' And just tried really harder to be more gracious to all of the servants and staff and everyone who was doing all they could to make sure that I had a good time and just focus on being grateful b/c, god help me, I should be.

I came home in January. Found a job; and just really tried not to be an ungrateful bitch. I felt guilty; confused. And ridiculous. And a little ashamed. My lover is an Arabian Prince. I just came back from a seven or ten star hotel. I didn't know they had hotels with more than five stars. What is wrong with me?

Then...Egypt happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment